Authentic personalized itineraries
Private guide and 15+ ecosystems to explore on the Amazon River, no grouping with other guests on excursions, no fake tourist shows.
Guaranteed excellent service
Buffet style,international + local foods, clean private bathrooms, solar power for lights and recharging batteries, stellar staff, %100 honest no nickel and diming
Community tourism projects, conservation of forest and fauna, fair wages, local education of resource value, consume local products, recycle,compost, 4stroke low emission low fuel consumption outboard motors for transport .
Otorongo Expeditions Lodge is located 100 Km down Amazon river from the city of Iquitos. The voyage takes 2.30 hours by speed boat.
The excursions are done in a variety of areas rich in biodiversity such as Terra Firm or Firm Ground, igapo forest (floodplain forest), black water lakes, beaches, river islands, and many others micro-ecosystems. From the lodge it is possible to visit over fifteen different ecosystems found here on the Amazon River without skipping a meal, shower or snooze.
These are some of the activities we do but not limited to:
– Short and long daytime hikes
– Nocturnal hikes and photo shoot searching for caimans, tarantulas, snakes and insects
– Excursions by foot and boat to search for sloths, poison dart frogs, snakes, primates, birds and much more
-Canoeing in flooded forest
-Visit to a native community and learn their customs, purchase
artesian necklaces and crafts
-Boat ride to see pink and grey dolphins -Learn medicinal plants
-Camping out deep in the jungle (optional)
-Swimming in lakes and Amazon River
– Fossil hunting
- Hammock room siesta
– Excursion to see GIANT water lilies - see the spectacular Amazon sunset and sunrise
– Visit to a local sugar cane rum distillery
– See MASSIVE Ceiba or Kapok Trees
– Boat trips to view the constellations and Milky-way galaxy
You can set your own program selecting activities from our list which fit your desires. We are very open-minded to anything that might suggest and we would like to cover your general interests.
Our service is customized ; your group will be assigned a personal guide to escort you throughout your stay at the Otorongo lodge.
– Transfer from and to the airport
– Transport in and out to the lodge
– Permanent and private Naturalist Bilingual Guide
– Local indigenous guide
– Lodging with private bathroom
– All daily excursions.
– Rubber boots
– 3 meals a day (we do vegetarian food if you require)
– Snack, purified water to drink, coffee, tea available at any time.
– Batteries recharge by solar panel
– Tickets Lima- Iquitos-Lima
– Hotel in Iquitos
– Sodas, Alcoholic beverages
– Any other purchases
What to bring
– Insect repellent, sunblock
– Hats, sunglasses Bathing suit
– Flashlight, batteries.
– Camera, binocular
– Long sleeve shirt
– Rain jacket
– Personal first aid kit
Our activities are done according to the weather conditions during the year based on wet and dry season, in that way we can provide you an excellent trip.
January – May is our high water season (April-May peak high water)
This season is perfect for canoe trips into the flooded forest, easily accessing hard to reach areas teeming with wildlife. You float through the treetops silently observing and listening to the marvels of the forest.
June – December is our low water season (August-October lowest water level)
This is the best season for dolphins, fishing,camping and trekking
There is less rain and it is possible to trek though the flooded forest. The fishes and dolphins are concentrated in the main river channels. Lucky guests get to see the waves of migrating fish jumping on the riverbanks escaping predators.
To get the full scope though, you need to experience both seasons uniquely Amazonian.
**** In case your travel time is limited
To get the most out of your experience we suggest you arrive to Iquitos early in the morning so we can start the tour immediately . Anyways, the Belen open-air market is much more pleasing before mid-day
For your flight out of Iquitos we suggest you to take the one that leaves in the evening around 7pm unless you plan to spend a night in Iquitos
If you need help arranging domestic flights and hotel in Peru and Iquitos, let us know we can do a lot for you
Don’t forget, we provide top services for our customers;